Thursday, December 11, 2008

"All Things Must Come to an End."

Hello from Panama City, everyone!

I wrote in today just to let everyone know that I will no longer be attending classes at Haney Technical Center, although I have only gone for one semester. I need to explain why I went:

I have been home schooled my entire life. I would have it no other way, by the way!!! But in light of home school, I had never been in public education, so my parents were worried about throwing me straight into college without any exposure to outside elements, if you know what I mean. Furthermore, I graduated from high school at 17, and there was no reason to run right off to college at such a young age.

So, it made sense that I have sort of a bridge between high school and college. And with Russell, my brother, already attending Haney, I could have somewhat of a mixing ingredient involved. :)

Well, as the title of the post says, "all things must come to an end." I have prayed fervently about it, and I have confirmation from the Lord that I need to continue on with plans for law school. In light of this, I have decided to take this next semester off and prepare for college starting Fall, 2009. I have to get ready by preparing for scholarships, clep tests, majors and minors, SAT, and registration. I'm excited, and even somewhat scared about what the future holds. Until the Lord returns, I want to be about his business, no matter where that is. I ask that you all pray that God continues to make my way clear and my walk straight, God's Word lighting my path!

I was kind of sad after leaving school today, knowing I won't be going back. The only reason I care is because my teacher called me her "assistant." I even helped other people in my class if she got too overloaded. She was really sad today when I left. :( I felt bad for her; she put me on a guilt trip. :)

When I got home today, I thought about the testimony I had at school, and a verse came to mind about the "word of our testimony," but I couldn't remember the reference. So, I pulled up Swordsearcher, our Bible Computer program, and typed in a search. It yielded Revelation 12:11.

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

"What a great verse," I thought. Then I did a double take!!! Revelations 12:11? Hey, 12-11 is today's date! That was just the Lord confirming what he had already told me to do. I thank God for little things like this that just remind me that God knows my thought and worries, and he is still in control! I've also had three people in the last 24 hours tell me that they are praying for me and for God's will to be done. Hallelujah!

I will have another article up by tomorrow morning that I have been working on. So check back soon! :)

In Christ Alone,
Clay

3 comments:

Elsie Gibbs said...

Praise the Lord for such evident and bold confirmation. What Peace our Lord provides to those who are in perfect, righteous fellowship with Him. Praise the Lord Bro. Clay!! Amen.
Mrs. Elsie

Anonymous said...

Clay, I LOVE the American theme! You did a good job! [I was going to say that it looked cute, but I guess that's not the right word to use...in this case. Haha!] So I'll just say, "Wow! Looks great!" =D
Hope you guys have a nice day!
I love you all! God bless!
~Lyd~

Hannah said...

I'm not quite sure what to say, except that I'm glad to have a friend who so diligently seeks God's will and then does it. I really respect that, Clay! May the Lord continue to guide your way. We are praying for you!!!

I like the way you changed your blog. It's very nice!

With sisterly love,

Hannah