Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fast Living and Long Vacations

Yes, I am alive, if you began to wonder. Life has just been extremely busy for me lately. I haven't had time for really anything but school and work. I used to go to the gym pretty regularly to play basketball...not anymore! I used to do my piano lessons on Friday, my morning off. Now I take my Sunday afternoon nap and do piano lessons in that time. You know it's bad when your next door neighbor who just happens to be your grandmother says, "I never see you anymore." Yeah, I know. I hardly see myself anymore, it seems. The mirror is forgetting what I look like. :D Just kidding.

Actually, in times of crash and burn, I get moments of tranquility. I have my little recesses that I can't really afford to take, but the cost of not taking them just happens to be higher. It's a nap here and there, or something like that. I just do it and then make up for it later somehow.

Anyway, college has been a quite an experience, so to speak. I have had many, many discussions with professors who profess to be wise, but really can't back up what they say. They are used to students who allow themselves to be spoon-fed everything without feedback. I couldn't even begin to tell on this blog the stories of class issues that come up. It boils down to the fact that this country is so ignorant of truth, that even the concept of making sure things are true is completely foreign to them.

So here I sit, looking at my laptop screen, getting ready to take an absence from school for the next 2 days, and thanking God more than ever before that vacations exist. I wonder sometimes just how much of my life is going to be at this level of fast-pace. I want to think that after college, it will slow down, and I'm sure it will. Whatever the case, I am willing to give my time, effort, and personal well-being to the cause of Jesus Christ. Making a difference for Christ will never be convenient, and I am resigned to that fact. As a lawyer, I don't plan on signing papers for corporations to do business to the tune of $300 per hour. I plan on really making trouble for the devil, if you want to look at it that way.

But for this next week or so, it's time to sleep, eat, laugh with family, bible read, sleep, bible read, eat, sleep, have fun with family, bible read, good book read, sleep...you get the picture. :D

Stay in the fight, for it will soon be night, Christian!

In Christ Alone,
Clay

5 comments:

Hannah said...

We miss you, Clay! Get a good rest! Can't wait to get to PC in just 26 days!

Love your sister,
Hannah

Elsie Gibbs said...

NOt to be discouraging Bro. Clay, but just as a friendly warning, I doubt it will ever slow down. When you're in it for the Lord, the Devil will never give up.

I remember 3 years ago, I submitted myself to the Lord at an alter call, that I was in this battle, by the Grace of God, for the long haul, NO TURNING BACK(though I've lacked Faith at sometimes, and had to repent, and struggled and squirmed in my heart and spirit). It was there that I submitted to being tired here on earth, and that rest is for heaven. I went to the alter saying,"Lord, please give me rest. Each week brings new trials and hurts with it. I can't handle anymore. I go through each week thinking that the week previous is over, so maybe the next week will be lighter." It was there at the alter, that the Lord said,"It will never get lighter as long as you choose to serve Almighty God, Creator of all, Saviour, on earth! The Devil will not let that happen. He wants Ellery and Elsie Gibbs to be at each others throats day in day out, as a miserable testimony to our children, or to eventually end this marriage. He wants Gibbs children to be 'warm', or He wants them on the streets, trashing their lives. Whatever he wants, it's certainly not that he wants peace and joy in the Gibbs family home. He doesn't want us to make it to Heaven's gates Victorious in Jesus Christ. This is turning out to be too long. But just this, that I know you want to serve Jesus Christ fully. Even more than a typical professing Christian. So don't rest in getting rest when college is done brother. Rest in your Salvation, and the Hope that lies within you. Rest in the Home that our Saviour is preparing above.

A lot would think I'm not resting in where I'm at, but tis not true. I'm simply not content in the possiblity of being out of God's will. One who's not in the will of God, knows. Just like that unsettling heart, of being quite sure someone isn't saved, or is. The Spirit bears witness. But I do rest in what I advised rest, in the end of previous paragraph.

I'm raising children, and being a helpmeet to my designed husband. And serving my Saviour to the best of my ability! I rest in my Faith in Jesus Christ, that he will work in our lives.

I think that there are times in our lives, where rest cannot be that feeling that we mortals enjoy, but it has to be in the form of Faith. And we have to be content to rest in things I mentioned before. Assurance, God's love for me, Salvation, Eternal Victory, etc., etc...There is so much to rest in. It's similar to being thankful.

Okay, I really need to get off of here. I probably should have just emailed you brother. Lord bless you and give you the strenth to glorify Him in your witnessing at college (and everywhere else of course), and give you a special dose of a touch of the Holy Spirit (not trying to be pentacostal here!) in your life to perform the Lords duties for your life!!!

Ms. Elsie
Very sorry it turned out to be soooo long!

Isaiah43:2 said...

Hi Clay! Melanie Rhinehart here. I LOVE the song you have recorded; do you have a CD? Please let me know. Take care.

Clay said...

Good to hear from you Mrs. Melanie. I do have CD's. If you would like, I can send one? :) Let me know.

Clay

Elsie Gibbs said...

Somehow I haven't ever seen this follow up comment in my email. I just found through this follow up, that you have a cd. Can you let me know if you still have some? Thanks bro. Clay.