Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heritage Happenings

Well, I have been busy. The past few weeks have included: 2 campmeetings that involved getting home at 1 a.m. or later, 3 missionaries, many trips to Gulf Breeze, FL to take my mom to the doctor, and multiple double shifts at Heritage Boys Academy to cover the shifts. I am not complaining, but this type of continuous activity seems to have a draining effect on the body as well as the mind.

I love working at the Academy, though. Most people wouldn't understand that if they knew what kind of filth is dealt with on a regular basis. But I know that this ministry is the frontlines. These kids were the devil's. Our ministry goes into the devil's playground and nabs these kids, who were victimized by a violent society, and teaches them discipline, God, and the Bible. I think that is why we fight so hard sometimes. It is a spiritual battle that is far outside our capability to understand, and therefore we fight with the power of God, sometimes draining our physical bodies in the process. The devil knows the potential of a ministry such as ours as much as we do, and I'm just glad I'm a part of something that the filthy old serpent is mad at!

Well, onto other things...

I had a very interesting talk with Dr. David Gibbs, President of the Christian Law Association, at one of the campmeetings we went to. With the Lord's help, I will be starting pre-law studies this coming fall semester, so naturally the conversation was in that direction. He was excited to hear of my updated plans (I had talked with him last year), and his comment was, "Finish school young man, and I will fill your briefcase!"









Honestly, I can't wait. I also can't believe that it will be 7 years until I can practice law. That's a long time! Well, I say that looking at the last 7 years, and I realize, on a second thought, how fast it can go. I'll keep busy doing other things besides college, anyway.

Due to the busyness, I haven't had a lot of time to work on my blog. I plan on putting another post up tomorrow, so pray that works out. I am supposed to have the next 2 days off, but in this ministry, I'm on call 24/7. I hope the next 2 days are pretty restful, though. I could use it. I've been quoting Ecclesiastes 5:12 the last few days. "The sleep of a labouring man is sweet..." :D

In Christ Alone,
Clay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

practicing law would be awesome, and I understand about being busy. we go to prisons and sing, so we don't get home till late also, I have been a minstry kid all my life
Anna Marie Wilkinson
Capitol City Baptist Church
Austin, Tx.