Monday, February 9, 2009

New Piano!

To start off with, I must say this post is well overdue. However, my schedule over the last week and a half has been hectic, to say the least! I could write a post on what happened just this last week and a half. And it would be a LOOOOONG one. Anyway, all that aside, about 2 weeks ago, the Lord blessed our church with a brand new keyboard. What I had been using was a 66 key keyboard that did not even produce sound to the back of our church properly. Folks that sat near the back said they could only hear a "hum." Well, that has changed.
It came in a box on the front porch. I was excited about it. It was donated by someone who saw the need and went out and provided it. It is a quality, top of the line keyboard that is used in studios. It is a Yamaha CP33. Praise the Lord!!! It is not my piano, but I am the biggest beneficiary of the blessing! I was prepared to go out the following day to buy a stand, pedal, speakers (it did not have built in speakers), and a cord to plug it in to our sound system. No need! God never does a half job!!! The following day, we received 4 more boxes in the mail. One had the stand, one had a new amplifier, one had two extra speakers, and the last had a memory foam cusioned stool. Also included was 2 input/output cords, a set of studio headphones, and the instruction manuals. I estimated that it could have collectively costed near $6,000. What a blessing!!
I am amazed! I have played it for multiple services now, and I still sit down and am amazed by the sound quality and the setup. Even more amazing are the simple blessings of life that God has taken notice of, and given us more than we have asked; Exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think!!

Here are some pictures:






And video of something I came up with: (I didn't know I was being recorded)





In Christ Alone,


Clay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, Clay. *sniff* Thanks so much for sharing it!
~Lyd~

Unknown said...

That is a very nice piece. My friend can come up with pieces like that.

Anna Marie Wilkinson
Austin, Tx.