Sunday, March 15, 2009

If It's Right, Then What Else Is There To Know? Pt 2

"Why?" He asked politely. He wasn't being rude; he sincerely wanted to know. "Why do you wear long pants to play basketball in? I'm telling you--and it ain't just me--shorts are way more comfortable!" I nodded. "You're right it ain't just you, it's just about everyone in this gym." I replied with a grin. "In fact, it's me too!"

I've known Vince almost since I started going to this gym to work out and play basketball. He's not saved, but he is very respectful of our beliefs. I've tried with no success to get him to come to church. Actually, there are several guys down there that I've tried to get to come to church. People just have no time for God, it seems.

"You're kidding! Why don't you wear them, then?"
"Cause it's not right, Vince."
"So, this is a religious thing!"
"NO, this is about pleasing God and having a good testimony."
"Whatever."

Honestly, I like Vince, but he will never understand me or why I do things.

"It's right" doesn't seem to satisfy those that are lost. However, it never ceases to amaze me that many claiming Christians are the same way. They claim the name of Christ, but they do not represent God's children. They say they are saved, yet, personally, I would mistake them for the devil's kids! Church folks will criticize you as much as the lost nowadays.

I would love to wear shorts....if it wasn't nakedness, sin, displeasing to God, etc. My flesh thinks, "It's easier to move around in, more comfortable, so why not?" But like I said in part one, it's not about those factors. It's about what's right.

What about the things you watch? Do they please God or your flesh? What about your music? Is it uplifting to the Lord, or does it cater to the carnal man? You cannot share qualities! An action or deed cannot and will not please God and your flesh at the same time. Impossible! God will not be honored while the flesh is being gratified. Never!

Jesus asked the question of the Pharisees in reference to John's baptism, "Is it of heaven, or of men?" You know from the Bible account that they would not answer Jesus.

Do you know that every action can be judged by that same question? Music, movies, hobbies, clothing: "Is it of heaven or of men?"

It is one or the other. Does your music please God? Then take it to church and pass it on to other believers for encouragement. Your movies? Let's watch it at church! Wear those clothes that you struggle to justify unscripturally to a church activity, and see if you feel comfortable. Any man that has the spirit of God dwelling in him will know that something is wrong.

"Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." 2 Tim. 2:19

Anyone that loves God and desires to please him will consider their actions in light of God's thoughts.

I know those who are called to preach. They are not right with God unless they're preaching or preparing for it. It's what's right. Some are called to the mission field. They're not right with God unless they're obeying their call. What has God told you? Do the right thing, Christian.

No comments: