Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trucks and Other Topics

Hello, all! I figured it was about time for a journal post. Especially with what has gone on as of late.

Last weekend, Russell left with Bro. Unger to do what we call an "extraction." They traveled 9 hours each way to pick up a new kid that was coming to the academy. Anyway, you know what that means for me...LONG days at the academy! =D I worked a double shift Saturday, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Then I worked again Sunday morning at 6 a.m. So, I was pretty tired. However, I could not resist going street preaching Sunday afternoon with the group from the church. I had not been the last 3 times. (Don't crucify me!) =D I go regularly, but when the Lymans are here, I usually go with them more often than I have this time. I guess I'm busier than I used to be.
When I haven't been in a while, there's sort of an urge in me to go. I can't explain it. Anyway, we were out there about an hour and a half. I had a great time! There were scoffers and hecklers as always, but it's those that hear the word of God and listen that encourages me. Understand though, if no one hears or listens, we are commanded to go just the same. The hardness is greater now than ever before, but that is more reason to go. I cannot sit idly by while false Salvation, false religion, and complete immorality prevail. The cause is too great!

Well, that was Sunday. Yesterday, I drove Bro. Frank Wells to the airport close to Fort Walton, Fl, to see him off to the Congo. Our church took up a love offering of $3,000 for him! That was from the audience, not the church account! PRAISE GOD!!

Our church is looking forward to what the Lord is going to do in the Congo in the future. With the going of the Blackburns, our church has become completely involved in this great work. It is also a great privilege to have the Wells sent out of our church. They are one of us.
Previous to Bro. Wells departure, he had to sell his truck to help get settled there in the Congo. The Lord allowed me the privilege of buying it! It is a 2003 Chevy S10, VR5. It is pictured to the left. It is yellow with black leather interior. It has a 6 cd changer in it as well as heated seats!

I knew I would need a vehicle for college this fall, and the Lord was gracious enough to land one in my lap, while also allowing me to help Bro. Wells get things squared away stateside.

The truck has not yet been made Clay-style yet, but that will be taken care of shortly. "Clay-style" meaning I'll put my cd's in the console, my new floor rugs, a good washing and vacuuming, and obviously my "cool" sunglasses. (Right Russell?) =D

What a privilege it is to serve Jesus Christ in the ministry. I would do nothing else!

If you receive the ministry prayer letter, you will see that I was asked to write the "Truth for Troubled Youth" page. That was fun, as I had never written in the prayer letter before. So, look for my "exclusive" article! =D Just kidding.

Well, that's it until next time.
In Christ Alone,

Clay

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Ha, ha! Clay, you are such a "goofball"...to borrow your boys' term! =D You made me laugh. I hope the new vehicle is a good slave for you. Try to be careful in it! ;)

Love your sis,

Hannah

Elsie Gibbs said...

Hey now, :) we don't even have heated seats in our GMC Yukon, OR the F350 :P LOL. And we live in Alaska! Ha ha ha. Praise the Lord Bro. Clay. I'm happy for you. That's a blessing. It's a pretty one. Up here, I've always wanted a big ol 1990 lifted Suburban to go hoppin in the mud with, with the kids :D So they can all fit. Funny, I saw one, with the exact fit, this winter for $3500. I kinda tried to convince Ellery. Unfortunately, he didn't have the money.
Mrs. Elsie