Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Christmas Gift

The Christmas Gift

Here’s a story of Christmas
It’s the greatest one I know
It’s a story of friendship
That between two would grow

A young man; a young lady
Who learned to forgive
And the young man who gave
The greatest gift he could give

He could’ve given roses
Which he already had done
He could’ve written a letter
To tell her how lovely she was

But to show her, for Christmas,
How she had torn his world apart
He decided, on this special Christmas
To give her his heart

By Clayton Maynard

I wrote this poem for a young lady tucked away in the Netherlands! God told me in October that she was to be for me, and so I flew over as the first Christmas visitor they have had in 15 years. I asked Lydia on Christmas day for the amazing honor of courting her! She said YES!! Can you believe it? I am amazed at the tremendous blessings of God upon my life. Can you believe that the most incredibly beautiful person in the world was tucked away in the Netherlands for me? I serve an awesome God.

We look forward to growing in the Lord together over this next period of our lives, following his Spirit to lead us and guide us in everything.

IMG_3297

No comments: