Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Journey Goes On

Time has passed, and nothing has changed about the fact that things always change. I hate change...some of it anyway. It's always exciting to see the new, and at the same time sad to see the old go away. This is happening in more than one area of my life as of late.

First, I am officially a college student at Gulf Coast Community College. Honestly, up until this point, I was anxious to get the "ball rollling," so to speak. Now, I'm kind of apprehensive about the fact that for the next seven years, life is going to be full of changes. But, that aside, I'm glad that things are moving along. My first four classes are scheduled to begin August 19th, so please pray that the Lord would prepare me physically, mentally, and spiritually for what lies ahead. The starting classes are: English Composition I, General Psychology, Understanding Music, and American National Government.

On another sphere, Dad and Russell are just getting the hang of their schedules back after the overseas trip, and Dad had to work at the boys home today, and Russell drove 2 and a half hours each way to take Mom to the doctor today. Russell has acclimated better than some would expect, and I'm not talking about jet lag. (stifled laugh) Seriously, he has kind of jumped right back into things and done well for that matter. Russell and I just got to sit down tonight and really review his trip via videos and pictures. He could not have had a better trip, it seems. The Lord truly blessed it. From all the mushy stuff that normally happens, to the hilarious teasing that naturally takes place, to the supporting cast that is my Dad and the Huussen family, I had a great time looking at all the memories that were made. I wish I could have been there...
Anyway, Russell and I got to talk for a while...not something that happens very often anymore, and it made me realize just how little that has happened in the last 6 months or so. Let me advise you that have family and loved ones around you: appreciate those you love, and forget about the undesirables. Love and care deeply while you have them by your side. Because, like I said, life changes things. The perfect word to describe what I mean is the word cherish. Cherish the times you enjoy with those you love. Enjoy simple daily things that will not always be there. Cherish opportunities to make differences you will not always be able to make.

Well, if you can even imagine me being this way...I've been kind of quiet and to myself the past couple of days. And it's because of all that's going on that I just wrote about. My family will be taking a week and a few days of vacation at the beginning of August. It may be the last time our family is able to travel long distances together as a whole. Possibly, we can take one more the first week of October. We are jokingly calling it our "Farewell Tour." :D But when the laugh dies away, we know it's true. We won't be the same for very much longer. Life changes things.

But, as sad as it can be, it can be that exciting as well! The journey goes on, and God is looking to do much with the Maynard family in the future. Whether that is the college student trying to make a difference at school, the eldest trying to add Maynards to the bunch, the youngest making fun of both, or the parents trying their dead-level best to lead a ministry, a church, and some goofy Maynard boys toward God's will for them, I promise you, much is in store. Just wait and see!

1 comment:

Elsie Gibbs said...

Wow :D Many wishes for a wonderful vacation in August. The only thing more I would wish, is that Alaska would be in the itinerary :) That's ok. I can certainly keep up with pictures on your blogs. Lord bless your trip.
Ms. Elsie