Sunday, August 9, 2009

“Thou hast searched me…” Psalm 139:1-4

People don’t understand what you are feeling. You don’t even understand it all…and yet God has already searched you. God has performed an operation on you that has all of your worries and cares on inventory.

“Thou hast searched me, and known me.”

If anyone knows me, it’s the Lord. Boy, does he know me! I’ve been at his feet just a few times, for many different things. I’m glad he knows me. It brings me comfort. No one else has to understand, including myself. God is the one making decisions, so as long as he understands I’ll be OK. I’m glad he does.

“Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.”

Have you ever tried to hide from God? We don’t really believe we’re hiding, we just try to ignore him quietly. We try to act like God doesn’t know us as well as he does.

“Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it alltogether.”

It says he compasses our path and our lying down. There is not a flank that the enemy can penetrate. Compass literally means to surround. God has compassed you. Not only has he compassed me, but he has compassed my path. My path is where I’m headed! My future has already been staked out by the Saviour. There is nothing to be uncertain about. He will wake me tomorrow. He will meet me at the car tomorrow to help me carry my mental luggage throughout the day. He will open the classroom door on the 19th to greet me at school. I am compassed, brethren!

When faced with a complication in life, Bro. Neils Gade once said, “It’s a matter of prayer, but not a matter of worry.” That is an attitude that would help us all if we would adopt it.

I’m starting to think we complicate the Christian life a bit too much. And it is complicated when we must handle the struggles.

It’ almost like there is a stack of paperwork that is too overbearing for us too even handle, and we let it depress us. Meanwhile, on the other side of the desk sits God. He has all the same information organized and analyzed, and even gives you the answer to the problems that await. Yet still, we allow the sin of worry and anxiety to overcome us. Why don’t you depend on him? It's the Lord’s problem. I have given my life to the Lord, and in return he has promised that I can cast all my care upon him. (1 Peter 5:7)

Just leave it at that.

3 comments:

Elsie Gibbs said...

I think we know Bro. Neils Gade. Is he from King James Bible Baptist Church in Charleston SC? With Pastor Jonathon Doss? We're good friends with folks from there. The Gades are missionaries. Anyhow, if that's the same folks, that's a blessings. Either way, I've been praying for you, as you begin college very soon. Lord bless your studies and be with you in a very near way as always.

Ms. Elsie

My Little Ones Mama said...

Thank You Clay. It's one of those things we already know, but often forget. Thank you for the reminder. The Lord laid on my heart some people I need to share it with and hopefully it will help them also.

Ms. Kim

Clay said...

Yes, Mrs. Elsie, he's the missionary to New Guinea. I really appreciate your prayers! That's the greatest thing you could do.

Thanks, Mrs. Kim. Praise the Lord! The Lord has really used that chapter in my life as of recent. In fact, I plan on doing a series on the chapter, with that one being the first. I'm glad the Lord even sees fit to use me.

Clay