Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More Updates

Well, I said not to expect many posts, and I have not disappointed, huh?
Monday morning started with a bang, as I helped early in the morning to get my mother, Mrs. Karen, Paige, and Silas packed and headed down to the hospital in my truck.

What a cute kid!


Silas is now back in Gainesville after a week stay at home. He has already begun and is in process of his second chemotherapy treatment. Please pray for his pain level as it is sure to be high. From what I am told, they are planning a stem cell extraction so they can clean it of neuroblastoma cancer cells. They will then store the stem cell until later on when they can give it back to him. Later on next week, we will need 2 more platelet blood donors to give blood. I could possibly be one of them.

He has received 2 natural treatments of ozone therapy. This is a proven medical practice that is working around the globe, though yet unapproved my the AMA (American Medical Association) Although this is not administered at Shands in Gainesville, they have been giving him these treatments when he's not hospitalized, and plan to do more of the same. I am told that he pukes after the ozone therapy. This is not a bad thing; it is the detoxifying process of both the cancer and the chemotherapy.


I have stayed pretty busy myself, schooling the 5 remaining Blackburn children every day from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., then going to work at the academy from 3-10 p.m. I had one person joke that I had no life. I beg to differ. It is only when we lose what we think life is that we can find what life is all about. "Whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall find it." If your life is about helping others, you really know what life is.



I love school!!!




All the students but one. (two are in the background)

Can't forget about lunch!

I have had a blast, despite a little tiredness. I have been glad to help in some way. When I school the kids, give blood, anything...I feel like I'm being a part of helping them. That's all I want at this point--to be a blessing. Bro. Nick is on the road for the next two and a half weeks with Josiah and Buddy Stonewall, so that leaves me only four kids to school right now. Also, Charity Lyman flew in today, and I'm being told that she is going take the main load of watching and caring for the kids--possibly including the schooling. If you want to help out financially with the many costs of the treatments, commuting, caring of all the children, etc., You can write a check to "Truth Baptist Church." Write "Silas Blackburn" in the memo, and the money will go straight to a fund set up by the church to take care of the costs as much as is possible. Send the checks to:

4015 Maynard Dr. Panama City, FL 32404

Well, that's all for now.


In Christ Alone,

Clay

No comments: