Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy and busy some more!!

I have been incredibly busy as of recent. In fact, it's to the point where people I live with are forgetting what I look like and making appointments to see me. LOL I'm just kidding!
It actually started about 2 weeks ago when Graduation practice really began to heat up. Because of the situation with the Blackburn baby, my mother could not direct the program as she normally does, and so the directing of the program was left to me. Over the last two weeks, I have averaged 2 practices a day, somewhere around 2-3 hours a practice. Aside from the actual practice, I have had to write, proof-read, and type 4 speeches, as well as proof-read 10 graduate speeches, type 6 songs, practice the songs with the boys, get the program to transition smoothly, etc. To say that this program has absorbed my last two weeks is a huge understatement. The program was this last Saturday the 25th. I can't say it went off without a hitch--and the perfectionist in me hates that--but I once heard a man I greatly respect say that he would go to war with an 80% army, cause you'll never get 100%. So, I need to learn to be content with coming a little short of perfection...

I just got to breathe a sigh of relief over this weekend since the graduation is over, and I am now beginning teacher duties starting today. In care of the Blackburns schooling, I have taken four students, or, stoogents I could call them! LOL They are certainly quite a case to have on your hands! In fact, as I write this, the last two are finishing their school here at about 1 p.m. School starts at 9 a.m. and ends at about this time every day. And in case that wasn't a full time job, at 2 p.m., I will head to the boys home to finish the last two classes of school over there, and then finish the shift until 10 p.m. I wish I could say that this type of schedule was temporary, but it looks to be like this for a while in the future, so don't expect lots of posts. I'm glad I'm staying busy; the idle mind is the devil's workshop, and God knows that, so he's keeping me out of trouble! :) Please pray for me. I will sure need it to keep my sanity! It was hard enough doing my own school, but it does not compare to having to teach others.

By the way, yesterday was the one year mark since I graduated from high-school! Man, time sure did fly! I will be starting college in 3 months from now, my older brother turns 20 in a few weeks, etc. I'm half way to turning 19, and I still haven't stopped to enjoy 18 like I told myself I was going to. Does it ever slow down? One day I'll be a lawyer, and I'm going to wonder where my childhood went. I'm going to wonder what took up all that time... as the old Ron Hamilton song says, "Cherish the Moments."

Well, these needy children are dying to have my always-helpful attention once more, so I'll write more soon. I have a post about the prodigal son I would like to post in the next week or so, but it's real looooooooooong!!! Pray I can shorten it a little.

In Christ Alone,
Clay

No comments: