Friday, May 15, 2009

More Blood Needed

We have learned from down south Florida at Shands that Silas is in need of more blood. His blood counts are dropping rapidly at this point, and they had to put him back on his morphine drip. They are not ready for Silas to leave there yet. Russell and I drove to Dothan, Alabama today to give blood. He will have it in the next couple of days. Please pray for the little guy. He is in alot of pain.
I shot this picture outside the other day.

Walking across the yard to go to work, something flew past my head as I walked under a tree. Looking to see what it was, it was the poor little bird. He had fallen from his nest. My first instict was to try to get him back to the nest where he belonged, but if you know anything about animals, they will reject their young if human contact is made. My best bet was to leave him on the ground and hope that the parents came to get him.

When I came home from work, he laid there still, dead on the ground. I gave him a proper burial, and went inside with a unique thought. Why couldn't something have been done? I knew he would die without help. His parents must have known that too. But they left him to die alone. Could it be that they were too busy to go get him? Maybe they were so lazy they didn't feel like going to get him?

Regardless, it made me think of Silas. What a loved little boy he is!! I'd take that cancer in his place if I could. In a heartbeat. I'd do it tomorrow if they could possibly pull that off.

But then I think of the cancers around us; worldy music, worldy philosophies, and the influences of sin. These cancers eat up our young today. The young generation of this country is laying in the middle of the yard, subject to being trampled on, freezing to death, and the ravaging of the wild animals. No one would get them some help, or take the necessary means to get them to safety from the snare of the devil. No blood would be donated through prayer and fasting, to get them the transfusion they need from sins diseases.

What a poor little bird. But how much worse to see this generation of kids being ignored the same way.

Please continue to pray for Silas. Every prayer is a petition to the all-powerful King of the universe. We need yours!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That was good, Clay. I love it when the Lord lets something happen in every day living that causes us to compare it to something in a spiritual sense. We can relate to that so much better.
We are keeping Silas in prayer. Thanks for your thoughts and the updates.

Love from your sis,

Hannah


Matthew 10:29-31

Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.