Thursday, May 7, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request - Silas Blackburn

I am a little late in posting this, but this is an urgent prayer request.
Silas Blackburn is the son of missionary Nick Blackburn to the Congo. At 2 years old, Silas has been diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma, a cancer that attacks the nervous system. He has a large tumor covering his abdomen, and it is spread through his lymph nodes, brain, and adrenal glands. He is preparing for intense chemotherapy at Shands hospital in Gainesville, Florida, and I'm told will begin chemotherapy treatment today.
My mother is currently residing at the hospital with the Blackburns with my brother, Aaron. My dad just returned home from his first trip down, and plans to commute regularly.
Please, brethren, make this an urgent matter of prayer. They will need much wisdom and grace in the coming weeks while decisions are being made. It is our desire that the Lord's will be done.

If you would like to send a message of encouragement to the Blackburn family, go to http://www.shands.org/ and click on "For Patients and Public." Then click on "Send a Patient a Message," and put in Silas' name and room number, which is 4528.

It is ultimately in God's hands, but your prayers are greatly appreciated. I don't believe the Lord would be upset with any that would push away from the table for a time of fasting over this issue. These folks are one of us, and there's not one of the Truth Baptist Church family that has not been effected by this.
With my dad and Aaron gone, the schedule at the academy has tightened up a little, not leaving me much time, or I would have posted this sooner. The timeline for the situation is indefinite at this point. However, There is no doubt that we need a miracle from God!
On behalf of the Blackburn family, we appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

Ilovekids said...

Clayton,

I am Junior's mom and Paul's mom. I just want you to know that prayers are coming from around the country. When Miss Tricia told me about Silas last night, I emailed everyone I know. God bless this suffering family.
God bless you for sharing his story.
Carol Ann Allen.