Monday, May 18, 2009

Update on Silas Blackburn

Please pray for Silas. The latest developments are as follows:

Bro. Rob Unger and Bro. Mark Gregory, both men of our church, went to the blood bank on Sunday to donate more blood. Unfortunately, they had to leave in the middle of church as soon as we got the news of his blood count. The situation at the present is, his blood count is extremely low, and their blood needs 48 hours to go through processing and hit the supply shelf for Silas. We are hoping his blood platelet level will stay high enough until then. If it doesn't, they will be forced to use some unknown donor blood, which is not our desire. Please pray that it will stay stable until then. I am told that if he gets low tonight, my blood will be used for him until more is available.

My heart has been terribly heavy as of recent for little Silas. Do not cease to pray for him, brethren and sisters. I will keep you updated as I get news.

In Christ Alone,
Clay

No comments: