Monday, May 4, 2009

My Saturday

I had an action-packed day this last Saturday! It started quiet and serene at about 6 a.m. at the location shown below. This is the pond on our property. I believe that God wants us to be still sometimes and fellowship with him. This is a favorite place of mine to do that. "He leadeth me beside the still waters..."

After a shower and a quick breakfast of strawberry yogurt, butter and jelly toast, and a glass of milk, I was out the door. I had the college SAT to take! After arousing my companions (6 boys in the academy) who were also taking the test, we went down to the local high school where the test is administered. Well, 4 hours later, after a real sanity-killing, hair-brained, mind-wrenching effort (LOL), the test was over. It was one tough test, but I am confident that I did well. I had the Lord with me, and he's a lot smarter than the professor that wrote the book. :D I am also very confident in the homeschool system which has proven to do a much better job than any public, compulsory education. I'll get the results from the test in about a month.

Upon getting home, I was delighted to spend the first part of my afternoon with our dear friends in the Netherlands via skype. The Huussens have been dear friends to our family, and it is a fun past time of ours to talk with them occasionally through the amazing modern technology we have today. Not all missionaries have been so priveledged in past times! We communicate with the missionaries out of our church this way as well. I was not much help to the conversation Saturday, but I was there, and the thought is what counts, right? :D

After that, I decided to check up on the gardens. Seeing that this is probably the most exciting time of nature for me(have I already said that?), I took some pictures of them.




There is something uniquely beautiful about the way life begins that has always made me love gardens, even with all the hard work that is involved.
Later that afternoon, we had the whole property over into our front yard for a cookout! This was a special time of fellowship, food, and fun. We cooked out hamburgers on the grill, and had a great time. Sometimes, it is easy to take for granted the place of peace and quiet we enjoy in the middle of a wicked world. It is truly a haven from the pressures, the influences, and ideals of the world.

The night ended on a rather sad note. We received news that the Lymans, evangelists out of our church, had been attacked while street preaching. Without many details, we heard that one had been drug to the ground and beaten while others had been assaulted. This is the day in which we live, folks! This is only the beginning of many more persecutions that will come! Just remember, they hated your precious Saviour before they hated you. No servant is greater than his master.

We knelt there on the porch collectively and had a prayer meeting for our brethren and friends at that street preaching event. We committed the situation and our friends into the hands of the Lord, knowing that the arm of flesh can do nothing. It is not flesh and blood that we fight, dear Christian. It is principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, spiritual wickedness in high places.

So, while being disturbed and fearful for our brethren in the field, we had the peace and calm assurance that God was and is in control.

And that was the end of the day. Packed day, huh? Well, staying busy keeps me out of trouble, so I can't complain. I would tell you about my wild yesterday, including some interesting events last night, but I don't have the time. Remember, keep me in your prayers. I need it!!

Who ever said the ministry was boring?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! What is this world coming to?! It shouldn't really surprise me with how people get over here [because of the street preaching], but we've never had it that bad yet. The police are really on our side, so praise God for that. One officer gave our guys a thumbs up the other day and said, "It's good what you're doing here!"

Nope, I didn't notice any spelling errors. *chuckle*

I liked all the pictures. Your and Russell's journal posts are some of my favorites. I've been really bad about doing mine lately...hmm...

Anyway, keep up the good work, bro. Bless God and take courage! =)

Your sis,
Lydia

Hope said...

Clay,
Thanks so much for all of your prayers. The evening finished without any further incident. It means a lot to know you all are praying for us!
Hope